Thursday, August 15, 2013

First few days...

     ¡Hola!  In case you haven’t seen my mass amount of pictures and posts on facebook, I made it safely to Nicaragua yesterday around noon.  It had been a pretty busy few days leading up arriving here.  We spent a day in D.C., which was a pretty cool way to spend my last day in the States.  While most of the day consisted of orientations, I was still able to walk around and see some of the must see’s.  Nicaragua is pretty much the same temperature as D.C., so I can’t say I’m too upset about that.   Right now we’re staying in a nice hotel compound, and besides the consant will be with our first host families in a couple of days. 
     The other volunteers here are pretty awesome, and I’m really hoping/expecting to make some lifelong amigos.   I’ll also find out tomorrow how bien mi Spanish was based on a language interview.  Right now I’m doing some serious soul searching.  Do I want to go by Joe or José.   Joe is great and all, but the j as an h thing could be a bit different.  I also just took my first malaria pills, so I’m expecting some pretty awesome (or horrifying) dreams tonight.  Well between being drawn away from righting this to throw a Frisbee around, go to the supermercado down the street, and play cards, I’m sure this journal has been all over the place.   To make up for my bad post, I’ll add some cool pictures.  ¡Adios! 

     Also, as a side note, on my quest to find wifi to post this, a bat just flew into my face.  Just thought I’d share that one too! I still haven’t stopped laughing.

Hayley and I on the bus ride from the airport
Our hotel for the first couple days
While out of order, this was my last night in the US (thanks Ellen for being a great tour guide)




No comments:

Post a Comment