Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quick Turnaround

      It's hard to believe that I was up in northern Minnesota yesterday morning, in the 'burbs today and tomorrow, will be in DC on Tuesday, and Nicaragua on Wednesday.  It's definitely a full three days to say the least!  While I'm used to these quick turn arounds, this is a bit much even for me!  I definitely did this to myself, and I'm hoping that packing everything tomorrow will go well.  
      I do want to give one more shout-out to my Sawbill 'family.'  I have been so lucky to have had four great summers working with some truly amazing people.  You'd think living, working, and hanging out with the same people 24/7 for 3 months would be a bit much, but I couldn't have asked for a better way to have spent my past several summers.  For my last evening there a few of us drove over to Brule Lake and went for a quick paddle into the Boundary Waters to an island with a great overlook.  It was a beautiful last sunset!


Jessica (Hammer), Ana, Laura, and I enjoying the Sunset on Brule Lake 
It wasn't until our paddle back that the beautiful sunset turned into this; something I've only seen a couple of times.

      The next morning I was off to Chicago, and made it home by about 12:30 or 1pm.  By 4:30 it was time for my Going Away party.  There was not much time to relax, but it was really great to see everyone there.  Between leaving Sawbill and the party, I've never felt so loved and supported, and it really felt great.  I really appreciate everyones support, and can't believe that I most likely will not see anyone from home for at least several months, if not more than a year or two.   
     Today was a little less glamourous, and involved a lot of shopping, more farewells, and watching of a pretty horrible Syfy movie.  (If you ever want to watch a movie about a shark infested tornado, 'Sharknado' is the movie for you!)
    I'd like to end by saying thanks again for all the support from everyone! It means more than you guys know.  The waitstaff at Red Robin at the mall today even gave me two free shirts and a free meal when my mom mentioned what I was doing.  Needless to say, I will be leaving the states feeling loved and supported.  Thanks guys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment