Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Texts I find myself sending to other PC volunteers

  •       I was just walking back from bathing in the river and saw someone using a refrigerator as a punching bag. I’m pretty sure that would win him the fight on the intimidation factor alone.

  •         I was just showering in the dark and didn’t realize there was a chicken at my feet until a good minute into the shower when it clucked and walked away.  The things that would have surprised me 2 months ago...
  • My shower
  •       As soon as I thought things couldn’t get any weirder I see the town drunk dancing with a dog in the intersection.  The thing was…they both weren’t half bad.
  •        I just had some guy in the street starting singing and dancing Gagnum Style to me.  I think he was a bit confused what country/language that song is actually in.
  •        I just made a kid cry on a bus just by looking as her. I wish I could say that’s the first time that’s happened...
  •         I love how when I tell my host family I’m going to do something with a girl I kind of like they tell me we’re going to get married. 
  •         I’m currently on a school bus that was actually hired to in take kids somewhere… imagine that! (Old school busses are the main form of public transportation here).
  •       The girl next to me on the bus has a tied up sack of chirping chicks.  I’ve seen a sack of piglets tied to the ladder on the back of a bus, but this one’s a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment